Thursday, April 03, 2008

if you feel it, it must be real


was listening to madonna's 4 minutes and perusing facebook when i came across this photograph. grab a boy and grab a girl! :) my parents are worried - it's my desktop photo.

family medicine posting will be over tomorrow, and though my groupmates were more interested in mini-golf games on handphones in the last few days, i've kinda had a lot of time to reflect on life (aka: stone). honestly i think i learnt a lot more about primary healthcare in my afternoon at my mum's clinic than i did in the past 4 weeks. simply because the lectures and tutorials and little lessons in between consultation sit-ins have slowly been integrated into my system and it seems a lot clearer now, in the last 24 hours of the posting.

as mundane as it seems, managing chronic (and stubborn) cases of poorly controlled DM every single day forever and ever, i still think that this is still a very real option for me in the future. more than having the latest equipment to laser this and xray that, more than just excluding the urgent differential diagnoses and solving just the acute problems, it's about being human and sincerely lending a helping hand, a listening ear and a comforting shoulder.

that being said, i'm still looking forward to emed posting! :)

No comments: